Step 13/13 A guide through device features and settings
We have arrived at the final 13th step of RobertSmart App basics. If you followed the previous 12 steps, then you are no stranger to smart devices and their features. You can now be even considered an expert. However, we still want to come back to the specific in-device features that we haven't yet covered.
Once you open the specific device within your Virtual Home, you will gain access to all of the examples that are mentioned below, depending on the device itself.
Most devices have an in-device Scheduling feature. If you wish to manage a device separately, you can adjust the working time within the specific device settings. However, we suggest creating Automations with a schedule, as you can set the timer for multiple devices simultaneously.
You probably already know a bit about smart lighting, but we want to zoom in on lighting Scenes. Using lighting Scenes make your life easier by allowing you to trigger several settings with a single button. We have already created several Scenes. All you have to do is just select and enjoy, for example, night time, reading or colorful settings. However, you can further customize the settings to make them more suitable for your daily rhythm.
When you receive the electricity bill, you usually don't learn which device is spending more energy. That is a mystery that can be solved with the power meter function. By clicking on the Electric button at the bottom of the screen, you will be able to compare electrical data from previous days, weeks and months. This feature is available for a few selected smart electricals.
Smart cameras each differ from one another. However, there are certain features that overlap. When you enter the camera from your home screen, multiple features will pop up. In addition to Live Streaming, you can access video storage. Whether you have the Cloud Storage or SD Memory Card, you can directly view your past recording. Here you can also take photos of the view that will automatically be saved within the device Gallery. One click, and you will get access to all files at once.
If you press on the Speak button, you will activate the Two-way talk function. Thus you can communicate with anyone who is within the area of the camera. It is like speaking on the phone as you would typically do.
A smart scale is a device that works a little bit different as it cannot be automated. That is because there can be an endless amount of users. All your personal health data will appear once you open the device within our App, like Weight, Fat, Muscle rate and 12 other measurements. Watch the changes in your body within days, months and even years.
To keep yourself on track, set up your Target weight and see how you are getting closer by the day. All you need to do is adjust to the desired number.
If you click on the button on the top right corner of your screen within any device, you will notice various settings. What is available within this page can vary for each device. However, for most devices, the information will be the same.
- Think of this page as the control room where you can find all necessary information about this specific device, including software Updates and Network status. Moreover, you can adjust the name and look of the device within your Virtual Home.
- Here you can even activate Smart Programs that include this device. To edit any program, just click once, and it will open the settings, which you can alter. Right under the Tap-to-Run and Automation button will appear Third-party connection options where you can see all the external app and devices that you can connect with this specific device, for example Voice Assistants. You can link your devices with Alexa or Google Assistant.
If you don't see it within your device, it means that it is not compatible with Voice Assistants.
- Did you know, that you don't have to be online all of the time to receive updates? You can activate it by swiping on the Offline Notifications button. To stop repeated reminders, this can be set up for each user separately. Furthermore, the notifications will be sent when you have been offline for at least 30 minutes.
- We have already previously mentioned that to create a Group and Share a device, you have to access this page, but on top of that, you can add this device to your smartphone Home Screen. By clicking on the Home Screen button, you will be taken to our RobertSmart App directly to this device. Very handy if you often use the same device.
- There are two places where you can access FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), on our website or here. If you click on this button, it will automatically show you answers to questions about this device. To make it easier, you can directly type in your question to save time.
These were only a few examples that we wanted to highlight. The features depend on the specific device capabilities, so check out your own device to see what it is capable of. As we have completed the step-by-step guide, you are now able to customize your home completely. More devices with different smart features will be added to our collection in the future as the smart home industry's variety is wide and ever-changing. So stay tuned and make sure to join us on social media to stay up to date on all of RobertSmart's latest news and trends.
RobertSmart App is constantly evolving, therefore, this information complies with the 5.5.230 version.